Tuesday, April 2, 2019



I'm sharing two of my favorite things today. This beautiful poem from Winnie the Pooh and a bible verse, and passage from my favorite book Streams In Desert

                                           Be still, and know that I am God.
                                                                 Psalm 46:10

There is immense power in stillness. A great saint once said,

"All things come to him who knows how to trust and be silent."

The words are pregnant with meaning. A knowledge of this fact would immensely change our ways of working. Instead of restless struggles, we would "sit down" inwardly before the Lord, and would let the Divine forces of His Spirit work out in silence the ends to which we aspire. You may not see or feel the operations of this silent force, but be assured it is always working mightily, and will work for you, if you only get your spirit still enough to be carried along by the currents of its power. Hannah Whitall Smith

We should get into the habit of looking for the silver lining of storm clouds.


One day in Autumn, while on the open prairie, I saw an eagle mortally wounded by a rifle shot. With his eyes still gleaming like small circles of light, he slowly turned his head, giving one last searching and longing look toward the sky. He had often swept those starry spaces with his wonderful wings. The beautiful sky was the home of his heart. It was the eagle's domain. It was there he had displayed his splendid strength a thousand times. In those lofty heights, he had played with the lightning and raced the wind. And now, far below his home, the eagle lay dying,. He faced death because ----just once---he forgot and flew too low.

My soul is that eagle. This is not its home. It must never lose its skyward look. I must keep faith, I must keep hope, I must keep courage, I must keep Christ. It would be better to crawl immediately from the battlefield than to not be brave. There is no time for my soul to retreat. Keep your skyward look, my soul; keep your skyward look!

We can never see the sunrise by looking toward the west.  
Japanese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment